About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, February 9, 2018

Handcrafted Hello

Happy, Happy Friday Crafters,

I love Friday's for the obvious reason that the work week is done, but this Friday is even more special because I'm on vacation for two weeks. Our friends from the Boston area are arriving on Tuesday evening for a week, and we have some fun planned. After they leave, I have plans for my craft space. I have ordered new furniture, from IKEA, and storage, from Organize More, so my second week off, I'll be redoing my space. I plan on taking everything out, painting, then putting in the new furniture. I CAN'T WAIT!

After dinner last night I made a card using this week's Freshly Made sketch. Like many, I've let the patterned papers do most of the "work" and I do like the way it turned out. The stamps are from SSS February kit.



I stamped the greeting using my Misti to make it nice and dark. The final inking was with VersaMark so I could heat emboss it to make it shiny. The craft tools are not embossed.

Here's the inside:



The Olympics start tonight, and I'm looking forward to watching. Are you?

Thanks for stopping in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Crafty Friends set by Simon Says Stamp
Paper: SU Flirty Flamingo, Emerald Envy and Whisper White card stock, SU Pick a Pattern DSP
Ink: SU Flirty Flamingo, Emerald Envy, Crushed Curry, Memento tuxedo black and VersaMark
Other: Die-namics Fishtail Flags and Inside and Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle dies, clear EP, heat tool, Gemini Jr, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! The patterned papers are so cool and the sentiment is fabulous. Enjoy your two weeks off work! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super fun card, luv the background design! I am so glad you played along with us at
    freshly made sketches!


    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!