About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, November 25, 2017

You're On the Nice List

Hi all and happy Saturday afternoon,

It's become a very gloomy afternoon in my neck of the woods. The fog has rolled in off the ocean to make for a dark and gray sky. I spent the morning doing chores and most of the afternoon shopping with a friend for Small Business Saturday. There's a street in Solana Beach with little shops known as Cedros Design Center. A few of the stores are similar to antique stores where there are little individual booths within the big building. Very fun to browse!

When I got home, I made one more Christmas card using this week's Merry Monday theme, which is to use Santa on our cards. I've used an older MFT set called Jingle All the Way.





I stamped the little reindeer using Crumb Cake ink on Neenah Desert Storm paper. Using a red Copic, I colored in their noses. The panel was trimmed down to 3.5 inches x 5.5 inches and placed on a card base that is covered with Lawn Fawn plaid holiday paper. I cut the tree and Santa images from X-Press It Blending paper and then stamped the images. They are colored with Copics and glued to the center of the top panel. The sentiment is stamped in Real Red and cut out with a Die-namics Fishtail Flag die, but I squared off the ends. I cut another from the plaid paper and glued the sentiment on top.

Here 's the inside:


On both the outside and inside Santas, I used some white Nuvo drops on the hats.

Have a great evening and thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Jingle All the Way set by My Favorite Things
Paper: Neenah Desert Storm, X-Press It Blending and SU Crumb Cake card stocks, Lawn Fawn Christmas Plaid patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Real Red, Copics
Other: Die-namics Jingle All the Way, Fishtail Flags dies, Wink of Stella, Nuvo drops, white gel pen, the Big Shot, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Christmas card Colleen, love these Santa images. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Christmas card. Love the way you stamped the reindeer for the background paper. Your coloring looks great. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!