About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Tis the Season

Happy Sunday peeps,

I've missed playing in the Paper Players Challenge the last couple of weeks due to work travel, so I made it my first challenge card today. LeAnne has a fun theme for the challenge this week, appropriate for adding to our Christmas card stashes.

I love this Avery Elle Retro Ornament set from last year and it just happens to have some pine branches that works for LeAnne's challenge. I inked up the branches with Distress Oxide inks because they are so bright. The rest of the images are stamped in Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics and accented with Spica glitter pens and Wink of Stella. Trust me, the ornaments have tons of shine IRL.




After the ink dried, the white panel was cut with the largest Die-namics Wonky Stitched Rectangle die and glued to a Real Red card base. The sentiment is stamped in the corner with Real Red ink. After coloring the ornaments, they were cut out with the corresponding set dies and popped up using dimensionals. I added some white Nuvo drops randomly through the  branches. (Unfortunately, the white absorbed the color from the Distress ink and it looks green, but it still gives the dimension that I was going for.)

I used images from the same set for the inside too.



I cut the largest Die-namics Stitched Scalloped Frame die from white card stock and stamped it with the same branches as on the front to bring the theme to the inside of the card as well.

I hope you are having a relaxing and fun Sunday. I am joining two of my friends to do a 10K walk this afternoon. It's the annual Surfing Madonna 5K and 10K Run/Walk today. It starts at 2:00 pm local time because that is low tide and the route is always on the beach.

Thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Retro Ornaments set by Avery Elle
Paper: X-Press It Blending and SU Real Red card stock
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks, SU Real Red, Memento tuxedo black, Copics and Spica Glitter pens, Wink of Stella
Other: Die-namics Wonky Stitched Rectangle and Stitched Scalloped Frame dies, Nuvo drops in white and silver, the Big Shot, Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. I love your bright retro ornaments, Colleen! They put me in a happy mood and I feel like singing "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" when I see them! I hope you had a good walk...my sister did an Iron Man in FL yesterday...140 miles of running, biking and swimming. She's insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, I just LOVE these retro ornaments! Such a fun and festive cards! All the bright colors make me smile! SO happy you joined us this week at the Paper Players! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colourful ornaments against the green pines Colleen - so very retro! So glad you're back! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!