About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Your Kindness Means So Much. . .

Hi,

Another Sunday afternoon and that means another work week is almost here. Boo!

I had more stamping time this morning and took advantage of it to make a thank you card using the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch and the colors from The Color Throwdown. The stamp set is another new one from the upcoming SU Holiday Catalog called Painted Harvest.




I started by masking off the center of a Whisper White panel leaving just a center rectangle with low tack tape. I made a couple of masks with  post-its for the flower, then randomly stamped it around the open area with Memento gray ink. The stamp set is one of SU's 2-Step Stamping sets and I used the same stamp pad to stamp both layers, the center and the texture dots. Love the look of the gray flowers for the background in the sketch. (I did make another card with this set using pinks that I'll post later in the week.)

For the card base front, I used the TE Burlap EF to add texture. The dies are all Die-namics.

Here's the inside:


I hope you're having a relaxing Sunday afternoon and evening.

Thank you for stopping in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Painted Harvest set by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Pink Pirouette, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo gray and Memento tuxedo black
Other: Taylored Expressions Burlap embossing folder, Die-namics Pierced Circle, Fishtail Flags dies, and Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Frame dies, black rhinestones, the Big Shot, dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Wow, who would think gray sunflowers would look so striking? LOVE this! It looks like a photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those flower images look fabulous in gray. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique use of gray with the florals! This is a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm not sure how I found your blog- but I'm sure glad I did!!!! This card is beautiful. I love the use of grey for the sunflowers. So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!