About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

School. . . Thankful for You

Hello from a very gloomy and cold San Diego!

It's been foggy and drippy all day here. Don't know where the summer has disappeared to. I usually take my pictures outside, but because of how misty it is today, I set my card in front of my Copics to take the pictures.

While looking though my usual blogs last night after dinner I saw that Justin had posted the new challenge at Stamp, Ink, Paper. This week it's a Back To School theme. I really have no school themed stamps, amazingly, but I figured out something with this cute little PI set called "It's A Sign."




Of course, these great patterned papers from Echo Park help with the theme. I stamped the image in Memento tuxedo black and colored her up with Copics. For the sign I cut out a piece of black card stock and used a white chalk pen to hand write the equation on the "black board." I should have used a gold star instead of a blue one, though. (Do teachers still put gold stars on student's homework?) (It's probably all done electronically these days!)

Here's a look at the inside. The apple is from Lawn Fawn.



Tomorrow will be long and busy for me. I have to be in Los Angeles by 8:30 am and it's a 90 mile drive. That means I need to be out of the house before 6 am.

We have a friend coming for dinner tonight, so that will be fun.

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Pure Innocence "It's A Sign" set by My Favorite Things
Paper: SU Real Red and X-Press It Blending card stock and Paper and Glue 6x6 pad by Echo Park patterned paper
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Midnight Muse
Other: Die-namics Stitched Oval and Fishtail Flag dies, white chalk pen, blue enamel star, the Big Shot, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Colleen your card is adorable!! Love the sign you created. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful coloring, Colleen! She is adorable :-) Thanks for joining the challenge this week at Stamp Ink Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Colleen.. such an awesome card! I love the patterned paper you chose for the background and your coloring is out of this world! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our Back to School Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!