About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, April 24, 2017

From Me to You

Hello and good morning,

Since the Linky closes this afternoon for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge, I'm doing a quick post before I head off to work this morning. I made a couple of cards last night after dinner, just in time to make this challenge's deadline.

I got a new set from Concord & 9th called Many Mandalas a few weeks ago and hadn't played with it yet. Since medallions seem to be "in" right now, I ordered this one because it has lots of possibilities. It also comes with a template to help line up the layers, although I didn't actually use it this time.

The colors I choose come from this week's Sunday Stamps challenge. This week is colors week, and they have a pretty spring palette.




I began with a light green card base and stamped the background images in the various green shades. The center panel is Wild Wasabi card stock embossed with a We R Memory Keepers EF. The two focal images are stamped on X-Press It Blending card stock with Pistachio Pudding and Peekaboo Peach inks and cut out with the set dies. The top small flower is Peekaboo Peach card stock. The center sentiment is cut out with a Die-namics banner. I trimmed off the flag ends and then popped up the center. Enamel dots in Peekaboo Peach added for embellishment.

Here's the inside greeting using a sentiment from Hero Arts.




I'm off to work and it should be a relatively easy day. Just a couple of customer meetings today to check in with them. Nothing that will take too long. A relaxing way to start the work week. I hope you have a great day!

Thanks for stopping in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Many Mandalas set from Concord & 9th
Paper: SU Pistachio Pudding, Peekaboo Peach, Wild Wasabi and X-Press It Blending card stocks
Ink: SU Pistachio Pudding, Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Mossy Meadow and Peekaboo Peach
Other: We R Memory Keepers EF, Concord & 9th dies, Die-namics Fishtail Flags die, SU enamel shapes, the Big Shot, dimensinals

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous elements, Colleen! I am going to have to break down and get a hexagon EF...it looks fabulous here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it all coordinates - the images in the green background and the images in the dimensional die cuts!! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely multi-colored medallions, and that embossing folder is so fun. It gives great dimension! Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, this is so fun! I love the multi colored medallions and the embossed panel. Great way to use the color palette. SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!