About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

'Tis The Season

Hello again,

I hope you're having a nice and relaxing Sunday. After spending the morning doing some organization of my growing collection of photopolymer stamp sets I decided to make a card. I wanted to play along with this week's Freshly Made Sketch challenge and time is running out.

While looking through some of my older wood-mounted stamps, I found this uber cute ice skating bear and decided to color him up.






He is stamped in Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics. I used a very liberal amount of Wink of Stella over the skate trail and the trees, but it's not too noticeable in the photo. IRL looks sparkly. I wanted to keep the focus on the bear image, so I used some wood snowflakes as embellishments in place of the circle element.

Who remembers this super bright green that SU had years ago? I loved it and hoarded a whole pack. Luckily my matching ink pad is still wet too. I stamped a few MFT snowflakes in the Green Galore ink after "stamping off" some of the ink to create a more interesting background.


Here is the inside.



I'm off to the high desert east of Los Angeles in a little community called Apple Valley and Victorville for work this week. I'm mentoring a new co-worker. I won't  be back home until Thursday night so my blog will be quiet this week.

Thanks for coming by,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Fuzzy Bear by PSX and Holly Jolly Christmas by Stamp LaJolla, MFT snowflakes
Paper: SU Green Galore, Real Red and X-Press It Blending card stocks
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Green Galore, Real Red
Other: Wink of Stella, wood snowflakes, mini glue dots

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your use of the sketch!! That fun image is just perfect in the angled panel - love the wooden snowflake accents. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fantastic! I love the image and your coloring looks very professional. This is just such a cute and lovable card, and so creative. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!