About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

For You


Hello all,

We are having a glorious weekend weather wise here in So Cal. Yesterday was my birthday and I celebrated by having an afternoon filled with stamping, reading and relaxing and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate after the very busy work week!


It 's time for a new Paper Players Challenge. This Sunday, Jaydee is our hostess with a fun theme challenge. Create a Clean and Simple water color project.



It seems like I've been doing a lot of water coloring lately so I was happy to see Jaydee's challenge this week. I pulled out this old tea cups stamp, which I think was a "stamp of the month" from a local stamp store way back in the day when that was a thing. My "Personal Chef's "SIL has a birthday later this month, and I made this card for him to mail to her. I know she appreciates the handmade cards because I get an e mail every year from her thanking me for the card he sends, LOL.

Keeping with the CAS theme, I stamped the image in SU Archival black and used Distress Inks picked up with my aqua painter to quickly and loosely water color it. The paper is SU water color card stock and the pink striped paper is SU DSP. The little round tag is a Lawn Fawn die cut from Blushing Bride card stock. I used SU linen thread for the wrap and bow and some pink enamel dots for the embellishments.




Don't forget to swing by the rest of the DT's blogs for more awesome watercolored inspiration. You find their blogs with the links below:

The Paper Players Design Team
Hannelie Bester

Have a great rest of your weekend. I'm happy because I only have Monday and Tuesday to work then I'm on vacay for 2 weeks. Personal chef and I are headed to our annual Cape Cod vacation on Wednesday. I do have my PP cards all ready to go for the next two weekly challenges, too. 

As always, thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Stacked Teacups by Stampendous Stamps and For You greeting by SU
Paper: SU watercolor, SU Blushing Bride, and Whisper White card stock and SU Tea For Two DSP
Ink: SU Archival Black and Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads
Other: Lawn Fawn round tag die, SU linen thread, enamel dots, aqua painter

6 comments:

  1. First of all....Happy Birthday Colleen! I hope it was a wonderful day. Your watercolored teacups are lovely--so soft and pretty. Pink and linen accents are just perfect to echo the sweet charm of your design. Enjoy your birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet tea set! Such a petty card! Think I will go have a cuppa in honor of your birthday! Glad it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaPPy BirThDaY! Your card is SO pretty! Love the tea cups...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Colleen!! So glad you had a nice day! Your pretty pastel teacups are delightful and so beautifully watercoloured. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet image, Colleen! Always good to pull out some older stamps to give them some love! Hope you're having a wonderful time on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, this is such a pretty card! Love that tea cup set and it is watercolored beautifully! I hope you had an extra special birthday! XX

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!