About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, May 20, 2016

A Tropical Thank You

Yay, we made it to Friday!

Hello, I hope you all had a great week. I spent many of the days trying to get a new work computer configured with all of the programs I need and my data transferred from my old computer. It's amazing how long the process seems to take. I made some progress. I have two programs that I need to get help with next week, then it should be all set.

After turning off said computer, I used some new Stampin' Up goodies to make a card. I have tons of patterned paper, yet lately I'm using stamps to create backgrounds. What's up with that, LOL? I tend to go in spurts where I use lots of patterned papers then spurts where I don't use them at all. Anyhoo, on to today's card.




Linda has a great sketch over at The Freshly Made Sketches blog. I love the big empty space that allowed me to do my background stamping. I've used some of the new In Colors and a new stamp set from the new SU catalog that starts June 1. I'm loving this new green. To color the pineapples I used the new In Color markers, coloring directly on the stamp.


My personal chef has a trip to Orlando this coming week for work meetings. I'll take him to the airport on Sunday morning, then come home to watch some baseball and stamp. I hope you have fun plans for the weekend with some creative time scheduled.

Thanks for looking in today,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Pop of Paradise by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Emerald Envy and X-Press It Blending card stock
Ink: SU Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo and Memento tuxedo black classic ink pads and Emerald Envy and Peekaboo Peach markers
Other: Gold enamel dots and pink Baker's twine, SU dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. I love how you stamped the background! This is such a fun set! Love the twine and border of pineapples as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you combined two of my favourite things -- pineapples and flamingoes! What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this flamingo! What a fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!