About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Bon Voyage

Good Morning and Happy Easter!

It's time for the Paper Players challenge, and this week we are up to number 288. The fabulously talented LeAnne is our hostess and she has a fun sketch for us to use.





I made this card for my bestie. Here's a little story about us:

Beginning with our 40th birthdays, we started a tradition of doing something kind of "big" on the 5s years. (Because she is my BFF, I have to disclose that she is one year younger than I am.) Some years we do something on each of our birthdays, like a spa weekend in the wine country or on the coast, or visit a big city around the U.S. Some years we do something really BIG and for those trips, we pick either her year or mine. So, back to how this relates to my card. This year, because its a REALLY BIG birthday year, we have planned something really BIG, which is a Danube River, Christmas Market cruise, in December. We are spending 3 nights in Amsterdam first before the cruise. The cruise is one week, ending in Budapest, where we'll spend another three nights before flying home. She is coordinating the trip with the travel agency, and I need to send the last of my payment to her. Being a card maker, it should arrive in a fun card, of course. The inside of the card says, "Bon Voyage To Us, I Always Have Fun When I'm With You!"

The background is CASE'd from a card I saw on Jennifer McGuire's blog a long time ago. The cruise ship is stamped on X-Press It Blending card stock and colored with Copics. The portholes and some of the windows I covered with yellow Stickles and the red lifeboats are coated with Glossy Accents.


More awesome inspiration to be found when you visit the rest of the Design Team's blogs:

The Paper Players Design Team
Colleen Begley-Me

Have a wonderful Easter Sunday. I hope you are spending it with family and friends and that you find all of those Easter eggs that crafty bunny has hidden.

Thanks for looking in today,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Bon Voyage set by Taylored Expressions
Paper: TE Light blue and Bright green card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock, Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black and Copics
Other: Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud die, TE Medium Scalloped border die, Die-namics Fishtail Flags die, yellow Stickles, Glossy Effects, enamel dots, the Big Shot, dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. Wow now that's a fabulous way to celebrate those big birthdays! Your card is fabulous too - I adore everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, I have a BIG birthday coming up in March next year, so totally understand you wanting to celebrate these moments... and boy... what a way to celebrate. Christmas markets, Danube, Amsterdam.... it all sounds absolutely wonderful! I can't wait to see the photos. Your card is just perfect for the occasion. Your inlaid cloud dies look fabulous and provide so much texture. Your little boat with its glittering windows is so adorable! Wonderful card.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your BFF sure know how to celebrate! What a wonderful trip you have planned this year--enjoy every moment of it! She will love the detail in your adorable card--love the colors and the wavy tops to your panels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza, what a cool card for a cool reason! How exciting to plan such an awesome trip! Love your bright colors and fun dies....she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is SO fun! I LOVE the plaids and that background..awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, I have a REALLY Big birthday this year, too! Can I go with you?!?!?! HOW FUN!!!!!!!! I just love your card! SO bright, colorful and the plaid makes me smile! Such a fun card for your BFF! She will cherish it! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colleen that trip sounds wonderful - what a fitting way to celebrate and create more special memories with your BFF. Such an appropriate card in gorgeous cheery colours - the fun starts here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card, Colleen! I love the colors and the plaid papers. I'm dying to get that puffy cloud die but it's sold out everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!