About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Showered With Love

Hello,

It's Thursday, so only one more work day. I'm looking forward to getting together with friends this weekend.

Last night after dinner I made a quick card using the sketch from the new Freshly Made Sketches. I like the off-center element that Narelle has for us this week.



This was a fairly quick card to put together. The images are all from the same set called You Make Me Happy, a Taylored Expressions "Stamp of the Month" set from 2013. It took me longer to decide on the patterned papers than it did to do the stamping and put it all together. The umbrella was cut from the same paper as the rectangle using the opposite side. The raindrops in the background were added using a Simon Says Stamp stencil and Distress Ink.

Supplies
Stamps: You Make Me Happy set by Taylored Expressions
Paper: SU Heavy Whisper White card stock and  Echo Park "I Love Sunshine" patterned papers
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress ink, Pumice Stone and Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Die-namics Stitched Curved Rectangle and Pierced Fishtail Flag STAX dies, Simon Says Stamp raindrop stencil, sponge, the Big Shot, dimensionals, TE white sequin

Have a great day and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

6 comments:

  1. What a fun take on the sketch! I love the clouds and that colorful umbrella is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this! Love the papers you've used and the fabulous matching sentiment/image combo! thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute....love that umbrella, it would make any cloudy day happier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome take on the sketch Colleen - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love that card. The umbrella is gorgeous!
    Hugs Ela

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!