About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, September 28, 2015

Fall Days Are Fun

Good Monday evening,

Last night instead of going to bed at my usual time, I stayed up super late and made this card for The Paper Player's #264 challenge. This week, Claire has a great sketch for us. I really like the layout of this one.

Seems like I'm on a Fall kick lately and this card is no exception. I used my new PI Fall set again. She is so fun to color!




I used the blue in the patterned paper to pick my card base color of Baja Breeze. The image is stamped on cream card stock and colored with Copics. The tiny leaves are part of the Die-namics dies that go with this stamp set.

Instead of a scalloped lower edge, I cut the brown paper mat a little larger and used the very old SU corner punch to notch off the corners. I used some Old Olive SU candy dots to add embellishment in the notch. Other candy dots are used on the horizontal panel as well. Although it doesn't show in the photo, I brushed a very light coat of Wink of Stella over the metal part of the rake.

Supplies
Stamps: Thankful Friend set by My Favorite Things
Paper: SU Baja Breeze and Neenah cream card stocks, Apple Cider by Imaginisce patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Early Expresso
Other: Die-namics Thankful Friend, Stitched rectangle, Wide Fishtail Flag dies, SU candy dots, Multi Matte Medium, Wink of Stella glitter pen, the Big Shot, dimensionals

Thanks for looking in and have a great Tuesday,
Colleen

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love those MFT images and this one is super cute. I love the tiny leaves, and you've done a fab job coloring, too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! Love the image, perfect for fall. Great layering too! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen, this is just ADORABLE!!!!! You know I love a cute colored image and your coloring is FABULOUS! Love all the layers and the mix of patterns! Thank you for making my sketch shine at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you can get any sweeter than this, Colleen! Just ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Players! It's the cutest ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One word only for this card Colleen - ADORABLE with a capital A! What a cutie and beautifully coloured as always. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!