About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Birthday Wishes

Happy Hump Day stampers,

I made this birthday card last night after work for Leslie's Always Playing With Paper Challenge #43. This week Leslie has an inspiration photo to work from. I took my inspiration from the birdhouses in the background, the baskets and the plants.

This rather country themed stamp I bought way back in 1997. It's a very large wood mounted stamp from Art Impressions. I also remember that I bought it at a Long's Drug store in Sunnyvale, Ca. My sister lived in the community at the time and the Long's Drug store had two big isles of rubber stamps. They had the largest selection of the Magenta brand stamp line than any stamp store in northern California. Funny the things that we remember.



I stamped the image in Memento tuxedo black and colored it with Copics. I added the natural and brown Baker's twine and some SU brown candy dots. Even though the image looks like it's a lot to color, it was pretty quick. I have two friends with birthdays during the first week of October, so this will be for one of them.

Supplies
Stamps: Large wreath single stamp from Art Impressions, sentiment from Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Tip Top Taupe and X-Press It Blending card stocks and Lawn Fawn patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Tip Top Taupe
Other: Fiskers corner rounder punch, Reflections Baker's twine, SU Earth Elements candy dots, dimensional tape

Have a great day and rest of your week. As always, thanks for looking.

Colleen



4 comments:

  1. I am sure your friend will love it!! Great take on the inspiration Photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez! I just said on Split Coast I wanted this stamp! I guess I'll have to check out EBay! Cute cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so beautiful! Such a perfect stamp for our inspiration photo and love your twine bow! Thanks for playing The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card and such a pretty image! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!