About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Thank You

Hola friends,

It's been forever since I played along with a Paper Players Challenge. Today, Claire has a pretty color combination for us that I though would look nice with this SU set called A Whole Lot of Lovely. I can always use more thank you cards too. I kept the layout fairly simple using the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch, #135. What makes this card shine, in my opinion, are the added embellishments.







I started off coloring directly on the stamp with my SU Bermuda Bay, Old Olive and Crumb Cake markers. After coloring was completed, I stamped it onto some SU Whisper White card stock. It's cut out with a Lawn Fawn stitched circle die and layered onto a Spellbinders Scalloped circle. The Crumb Cake background is dry embossed with the SU large circle EF. Per the sketch, I added the burlap ribbon along the top of the SU DSP and tied it off with some turquoise Baker's twine. The flowers have rhinestones in the centers and in keeping with the circle theme, I added the enamel dots in the upper corner.

Here's the inside:



Supplies
Stamps: A Whole Lot of Lovely set by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay and Whisper White card stock and SU Polka Dot Parade DSP
Ink: SU Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay and Old Olive markers, SU Bermuda Bay pad
Other: Lawn Fawn and Spellbinders circle dies, SU embossing folder, SU burlap ribbon, Twinery Baker's twine, SU and TE rhinestones, Studio Calico enamel dots, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

It's back to work for me after being off for two weeks. Can't say I'm looking forward to it, LOL. Have a great week everyone.

TFL!
Colleen

4 comments:

  1. Ok, Colleen, this card is a WHOLE lot of Lovely! I just love it! Polka dots, layers, ribbon, twine and lots of gorgeous flowers! You certainly made my colors shine! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, my favorite layout and with such wonderful elements...love the ribbon, the embossing and the little enamel dots! And you colored that stamp perfectly! Thanks for sharing this at the Players this week! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Love the polka dots and those sweet little flowers. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love your wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!