About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Happy Fall Y'All

Well Hello,

Yes, it's been forever since I've posted on my blog. It's been a very busy summer so far for me. I've been doing traveling for work and for vacation, and my crafting time when I could squeeze some in, has mostly been devoted to doing some quilting. I'm making some baby quilts for a friend who is having twins. I will post my finished pieces once done.

I had two really, really fun trips over the summer. In mid-July I had my 60th birthday. My bestie and I went to the Oregon wine country and stayed at the Allison Inn and Spa for a long weekend. Talk about pure luxury! Then the last week of July and first week of August, Denis and I took our annual trip to Cape Cod with our Massachusetts friends. Our rented vacation house this year was only a block from the beach in the Dennis area. Being on the Cape is just pure relaxation! Here are pictures of our house and Mayflower Beach. The first day it was cloudy as shown in these pictures. The rest of the week was all sun.




I sat down this morning and made a card. Looking through my saved blogs, I noticed that this week's Mojo Monday sketch is the contest sketch for August so I decided to make a card using the sketch. The theme for my card comes from Stacy's Curtain Call -Orchard.



This cute SugarPea image is colored with Copics. Her overalls are paper pieced and I used YR23 and YR24 to do some shading on them. To compliment the stamp and keeping with the Orchard theme, I used some older SU DSP called Orchard Harvest. I added some rhinestones and an enamel heart on her pocket.

Supplies
Stamps: Bountiful Blessings set by SugarPea Designs
Paper: SU Raspberry Ripple and Early Expresso card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock, SU Orchard Harvest DSP
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Early Expresso, white gel pen, and Copics
Other: Die-namics Stitched Rectangles, Pierced Fishtail Flags, Spellbinders circles dies, Fiskars corner punch, TE sequins, Ranger Multi-matte medium, the Big Shot, dimensionals

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!