About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Thanks So Much

Hello,

I hope you all had a great weekend. For those of you in the Northeast and New England areas, I hope you are all safe and warm. We have friends that live in Franklin, MA and they have been giving us updates on the piling snow. I'm headed to Chicago tomorrow for the week. I expect to be pretty cold after checking the weather channel for this week's forecasted temps.

I didn't get much stamping time this weekend, but I did manage to finish a couple cards this afternoon. (I should have been packing, but I'm really good at procrastinating.) This card I made after checking out this week's The Paper Players challenge. It's a fun bird theme this week. Here's what I came up with:




The layout comes from the Case This Sketch #110 challenge. I pulled out some older SU stamp sets and inks. The flower is stamped in Crushed Curry ink, then I used the Dusty Durango marker to color over the center before stamping onto Very Vanilla card stock. The sentiment is stamped in Dusty Durango ink. I colored in the flower at the top of the sentiment using the Crushed Curry marker, then added a tiny yellow rhinestone to the center of the flower. The bird is stamped in Dusty Durango as well and fussy cut. Notice a second tiny yellow rhinestone in the center of her wing. The leaves are cut from retired SU DSP in matching colors. For added embellishment, I rounded the lower right corner and tied some yellow embroidery thread at the top.

Supplies
Stamps: SU sets Betsy's Blossoms and Swirls and Curls Verses
Paper: SU Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: SU Crushed Curry and Dusty Durango
Other: Taylored Expressions leaf die, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles rhinestones, yellow embroidery floss, the Big Shot and dimensionals

Thats' all from me tonight. I really do need to get that packing done! Have a great week.

Thanks for checking in,
Colleen

5 comments:

  1. Great CAS card, Colleen! Love all the white space, and also how you used two colors on the flower. So glad you could join us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Dusty Durango retired just as I became familiar with SU so I'm not familiar with it...it's very pretty and I love the two colors together the way you have done it. Nice job on fussy cutting the bird out, the yellow embroidery thread at the top really balances the card out. Thanks you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great CAS card! The beautifully stamped two-tone flower is the perfect base for your fun bird! Thanks for joining my CAS bird challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!