About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Sending Get Well Wishes

Happy Monday all,

It's the beginning of Thanksgiving week and I'm on vacation until Dec. 2. Whoohoo! I am flying to Portland, OR tomorrow, in the late afternoon, to spend Thanksgiving with my sister and her boys. I can't wait to see them.

My brother and my mom were going to join us from Northern California, but my brother fell last weekend and broke his hip! Needless to say, he is staying put at home for a few weeks. He is doing well, but in much pain. He had surgery last Wednesday to stabilize the fracture with a pin. Obviously,
I needed to make a card for him. I decided to use LeAnne's sketch from this week's The Paper Player's challenge.




There's a variety of companies represented on my card, and the only stamping is the sentiment at the bottom. I think it will cheer him up to know I'm thinking of him.

Supplies
Stamps: Get Well Wishes from My Favorite Things
Paper: SU Old Olive and Early Expresso card stock and Doodlebug Designs "friendly forrest" patterned papers
Ink: SU Early Expresso
Other: TE Squirrel die, MFT Pinking circle die, Spellbinders circle die, SU wooden leaf embellishment, SU burlap ribbon, the Big Shot, mini glue dots, dimensionals

Thanks for looking in today,
Colleen

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope your brother heals up quickly! This card will bring a smile to his face for sure! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fun squirrel silhouette and the addition of the Autumn wooden element. I hope it raises your brother's spirits and wish him a speedy recovery. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great get well card. I love how you tied the squirrel together with all the other elements. I am sure your brother will really appreciate your card. Hope you had a great trip to Portland.
    So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!