About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Your Smile Is Like Sunshine

Hello and TGIF,

Last Sunday when I made my card for the current SSSC202, I realized that I didn't make a card for the previous SSSC201. I love circle elements on cards, so of course, I had to use the sketch. I had been talking with a couple friends over the weekend, one lives in Chicago and the other lives just outside of Boston. Both areas were having lots and lots of rain, so my card is inspired by them.




I stamped the image on SU white card stock, made a mask, then stamped the rain in Smokey Slate ink. The rest of the image is colored with Copics and the raincoat is paper pieced. After coloring the puddle, I went over it with a Sakura Glaze Pen. Here's the inside:



Supplies
Stamps: Whose That Girl set by My Favorite Things
Paper: SU Crushed Curry, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock and SU DSP
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Smokey Slate
Other: classic circle and scalloped circle Nesties, Kaiser black rhinestones, Sakura Glaze Pen, SU small corner punch, Fiskars large corner punch, the Big Shot and dimensionals

Speaking of Chicago, I will be flying there on Tuesday for a work meeting through Friday. Today in San Diego as I was driving home this afternoon, the external temp reading on my car said  83 degrees. The highest temp for Chicago next week is expected to be 18 degrees. Quite the difference and this southern Cali girl is going to be COLD.

Have a great weekend all and thanks,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!