About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mojo Thank You

Hi all and happy weekend,

It seems like I have been away from my craft room for a month, but in reality, it's only been a couple of weeks. After work yesterday, my one goal was to stamp!

I'm loving the current trendy "chalkboard" or "subway" look and decided to try it out. I have to say it was a really fun process and I'm quite pleased with how my card turned out. The layout is the current Mojo Monday 274 sketch, stamps are from Taylored Expressions and the papers from Pebbles Walnut Grove 6 x 6 pack.




The stamp set is called Much Appreciated and it contains several "thank you" stamps, as well as some flowers and hearts. I started with the largest Thank You stamp and built my panel by stamping the other stamps in the set around it. I used SU craft whisper white ink and some really old white EP. After I finished stamping and embossing, I used a sponge dauber and lightly sponged the craft whisper white ink around the black panels. A red colored pencil was used to color the inside of the flowers, outline the bottom of the hearts and color the center of one of the large hearts. I put a red rhinestone heart in the center of the large heart on the ribbon. Finally, stitching around the circle element and the rest of the card finishes it.

I will definitely be playing with this technique again. So much fun and creative!

Supplies
Stamps: Much Appreciated set by Taylored Expressions
Paper: SU Riding Hood Red and Basic Black card stock and Pebbles Walnut Grove patterned papers
Ink: SU Craft Whisper White
Other: White Detail EP, SU Riding Hood Red ribbon, classic circle and scalloped circle Nesties, heat tool, red colored pencil, red rhinestone heart, sewing machine, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

My plans for the rest of the day are to stamp. I hope you have something fun in your plans! Thanks for stopping by,

Colleen

PS: Happy New Year all!

1 comment:

  1. Your card looks fabulous, I really like the chalkboard effect. I plan to stamp the rest of the day too! Enjoy :) Feel free to visit my blog http://vmariecreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!