About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Owl I Want For Christmas

Good morning all,

I hope your weekend is going well. I spent Friday evening and most of yesterday stamping trying to ramp up my  Christmas card production. I'm not sure how many I have so far. What ever the count, I'm sure it's not enough. :D

Since Karen G. posted the Sweet Sunday Sketch #171 last night fairly early on FaceBook, early by Pacific Time anyway, and I got my card made last night. Love the sketch this week with all the layers. It's my kind of sketch!

I saw this cute Lawn Fawn set at a local stamp/paper crafting store a few weeks ago and had to have it. In fact, I treated myself to a few more Lawn Fawn sets. I love the simple, bold, graphic style of their stamps. I picked up these Lawn Fawn patterned papers as well.



The owl is stamped on X-Press It Blending white card stock, and colored with Copics. I sponged around the image with some Memento Cantaloupe ink. The owl's scarf is paper pieced and shaded with a W01 Copic. The flags are made with Die-namics FishTail Flags STAX dies. I added some stitching and the rhinestones to finish it off.

Supplies
Stamps: Owl I Want For Christmas set by Lawn Fawn
Paper: Taylored Expressions blue and yellow card stock, X-Press It blending card stock and Lawn Fawn Fa La La Christmas collection paper pack
Ink: Memento tuxedo black and cantaloupe, SU Not Quite Navy and Copics E11, E13, E15, W0, W1, YR15, YR20, YR30
Other: classic circle Nesties, Die-namics FishTail Flags STAX dies, sewing machine, Kaiser rhinestones, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

I'm off to go shopping this afternoon. Work meeting all next week and I need something to wear.
Have a great Sunday and thanks for stopping by,

Colleen

2 comments:

  1. This is so super cute, Colleen! I love that you made it before the sketch even went live, LOL! The owl is darling and I adore his paper pieced scarf - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Colleen! I have this set on my wishlist! LOVE the papers you used and the colouring you did! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!