About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Bake Me a Cake Birthday Card

Happy Saturday afternoon,

I hope you're having a good weekend so far. I spent this morning organizing my TE and Die-namics dies into a perfectly sized sturdy box that a friend gave me. It used to be a shoe box, and boy it really is perfect. It opens like a file drawer. I cut some heavy cardboard panels and added magnetic strips to hold the dies. I'm very happy with the end result. The only thing left is to cover the box with some nice papers to jazz it up a bit.

On to my actual card. A few weeks ago, I saw this card by Shelly Mercado and absolutely fell in love with it. I knew that I wanted to CASE it, and since I have a good friend whose Birthday is Oct. 1, I made this card for her casing Shelly's card. I changed some things like the background and some of the colors. I love how graphic and colorful it turned out.



And the inside:



Supplies
Stamps: You Take the Cake set and Graphic Greetings Birthday stamp by Taylored Expressions
Paper: TE Choice Snow white, SU Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo card stock and Stampin' Up Polka Dot DSP
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Melon Mambo and Island Indigo
Other: TE Bake Me A Cake die, TE medium scallop border and TE Curly border dies, Seeing Spots EF, SU Perfect Polka Dots EF, Crystal Stickles, Kaiser rhinestones, Sakura Quickie glue pen, the Big Shot, and dimensionals.

Thanks for looking in today,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!