About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

These Boots Were Made For Splashing

Hi all,
I've had little to no stamping time for way too long and it looks like that trend will be continuing for another couple weeks. I'm traveling for work during the week and on weekends, we have some FUN travel planned. Tomorrow we are heading down to Santa Fe, NM for a long weekend and that's going to be really fun.

I did get one card made last Sunday evening. The sketch is last week's MFTWSC66. (I know that #67 came out today, so now I'm behind.) I hadn't had a chance to ink up the WTG Puddle Jumper set yet and the circle image worked perfectly for this layout.



Everything is paper pieced except the sidewalk, her skirt and her legs. Those parts are colored with Copics. I layered some Crystal Effects over the puddle to make it look wet. (This idea came from many of the DT samples when the set was released. Always great inspiration!) I've added pink rhinestone brads for the raincoat buttons. Love the way the bling looks here. The use of brads is the current recipe challenge at Linda's Catered Crop blog.

Supplies
Stamps: WTG Puddle Jumper set by My Favorite Things
Paper: Stampin' Up Regal Rose and Whisper White card stock and SU DSP, retired
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics and SU Chocolate Chip
Other: SU pink rhinestone brads, classic circle Nesties, medium Monarch Border Die-namic, sewing machine, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

I'll be back with some new posts in a couple weeks. Until then, I'll still be checking out many of your blogs on my IPAD. Thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! Perfect for the weather we've been having too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun Colleen! I love all those polka dots, especially the ones behind her on the image panel. That's some fabulous paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!