About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hi Tweet Thang

It's Sunday and that means it's time again for Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #107. Yikes, Karen! What's up with all these little squares again? lol. Not to worry, I took the easy way out and used one of my SU square punches. It worked pretty well and the sketch turned out to be a fun one to play with.

I used another new stamp set that I bought this past week from Our Craft Lounge. (if the doc doesn't let me go back to work soon, I'm going to be broke) I seem to be into birdies lately and when I saw this Tweet Thang set, I had to have it.

(click image to view larger)


I used some patterned papers from the TE Garden Party Project Pantry from last summer and decided to put them on craft card stock keeping with the nature theme. I probably spent more time on deciding if the stripped paper squares should be placed vertical or horizontal. Isn't it strange what we get hung up on in our creating? Since I'm using craft card stock, I'm going to submit this to Jeanie's Thats Krafty Thrusday  challenge also.

Here's a peek at the inside:



Supplies
Stamps: Tweet Thang by Our Craft Lounge
Card stock: SU craft/crumb cake and TE choice buttercream
Patterned paper: 72 and Sunny from We R Memory Keepers
Ink: memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, SU real red, and Copics
Other: TE medium scalloped border die, classic square Nestie, SU square and round punches, SU chocolate button, SU crafter's took kit, TE red ribbon, baker's twine, pop up glue dots, the Big Shot, and dimensionals


Since I brought it up, my arm is doing really well. Just no lifting yet. I do have a Dr's. appointment tomorrow morning and I'm expecting to get my "back to work" release. I'm really ready to get back. If released, I will have been off just shy of two months, which is one month less than the norm with my type of surgery. So, that's something good.

I hope you all have a fabulous work week,
Colleen

3 comments:

  1. Oh Colleen, you are too funny! I spend just as much time on that kind of stuff too! Well I LOVE bird images too!! Must be all the time we spend playing in the hen house! LOL! LOVE the bright colors on this, you did a great job and the inside is adorable! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. those birds are so adorable!!
    Such a bright and cheery card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bright cheery card is truly delightful. I love the birdies and the bright colors. Very nicely done. The many layers are great...Barb

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!