About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Go Confidently - SSSC103

Well "hello" fellow stampers,

After four weeks of restriction from using my right arm for pretty much everything, I have finally been given permission to begin doing some "light" tasks. Of course, one of the first things I asked my Dr. and Physical Therapist about was paper crafting. After explaining what tasks it involves, I was given permission to do so with a limit of 40 minute blocks of time. You can't imagine how happy this has made me! Forty minutes flies by, since I'm a little on the slow side using my left arm/hand for things like using the Big Shot, my large paper cutter, and even inking and stamping, but, I'm so happy to be able to start to craft again.

While I have not been able to make anything for the last four weeks, I have been checking in with many of you daily out in 'blog land" and I have seen beautiful and inspiring examples. Thanks to you all for helping to keep my spirits up in my down time.

I've made three cards over the last couple days. The one I picked to show today is for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge, #103.
As I've said before, the SSSC is one of my favorite challenges to participate in, so that's what I picked to get started again. I love this week's sketch. I pulled out some bright and summery papers, some butterflies and ribbon to pull it all together.

(click image to view larger)



For the last month, I've been pretty much limited to reading, watching TV and surfing the internet, which, translates to shopping. I have many new stamps and supplies that I can't wait to use!

Supplies
Stamps: New Beginnings by Taylored Expressions
Card stock: SU cherry cobbler and whisper white
Patterned papers: Walk In the Park by Echo Park
Ink: SU early expresso
Other: SU ribbon and twine, classic circle, big scalloped circle and curved rectangle Nesties, orange candy dots, butterfly embellishments from TE, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today,
Colleen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!