About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wishful Shrinking for TESC123

Happy Saturday afternoon fellow stampers,

I hope everyone is having a fun weekend so far. Last evening while watching (listening mostly) to the Padre game, I made a card for Taylor's Friday sketch challenge, TESC123.

I decided to try using cork on my card as an embellishment. I have used cork before, many years ago.  At that time, I would cut out a square or rectangle of cork with scissors, stamp an image on it, and usually layer with card stock and place it on the front of the card.  For this card, I wanted to try cutting the cork with my dies and Big Shot.  For some reason, I had a rather hard time getting my dies to cut through, so I'm thinking that the cork sheets that I have are too thick.  It finally worked, but I had to do some manipulation with the big shot "sandwich", and some trimming with my scissors. I like the look, so I will keep playing around to see if I have better luck.

On to the card, I finally inked up a new set from TE called Weigh To Go.




Supplies
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Weigh To Go set
Card stock, patterned paper, brads and candy dots:  TE Udderly Sweet Project Pantry kit
Ink: SU craft black and always artichoke, memento tuxedo black, Copic markers
Other: SU clear embossing powder, heat tool, SU 1 1/4" and
1 3/8" round punches, SU modern label punch, quickie glue pen, red glitter, classic rectangle and big scallop rectangle Nesties, Die-namics jumbo scallop and scalloped scallop dies, SU cork, the big shot and dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by today,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!