About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hello Friends - SFYTT

Good evening,

For my second Saturday post, I have a card for Jen del Muro's Sketch For You To Try.  I find these sketches fun to do and have been trying them more and more.

I've used another new set for me, Have A Seat by Stampin' Up.  When I made my first "cruise" through the new SU catalog and saw this set, I knew it would be one I would order.  I don't know what appeals to me about these chairs. I just like them! To make this card, I used all four images.  Starting with confetti vanilla card stock, I randomly stamped the three small chairs in various brown inks to make the long panel in the sketch.  I used some retired DSP that has a distressed look, so I went with it and scrunched up the DSP and the stamped panel.  I added a flower made with the SU scalloped circle punch and placed a new SU vintage brad in the center.  To complete the vintage look,  I used some new SU crochet trim on the punched cross piece.  After cutting out the larger chair image with an oval Nestie, I left the die on and sponged some Ranger Distressed Ink in corduroy over the image.  I also used the same ink on the ridges in the long stamped image that were made during crunching.  The greeting is made using the tiny tag punch and stamp set.  One side says "hello" and the other side says "friends."

This is about as "vintage" as I get.  It's not my style, but I sure admire the beautiful vintage cards that I see on everyone's blogs.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU sets, Have a Seat and Tiny Tags
Card stock: SU Early expresso and confetti vanilla
DSP: SU Autumn Meadows, retired
Ink: SU Early expresso, chocolate chip, soft suede and crumb cake, Ranger Distressed in brushed corduroy
Other: classic oval Nesties, SU vintage brad, SU Victoria crochet trim, SU linen thread, SU square steps corner punch, retired (used as a border punch), SU scalloped round punch, SU corner rounder punch, Die-namics jumbo scallop die, the Big Shot, and dimensionals.

That's it for me tonight.  Back tomorrow for the new Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge.  Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!