About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

SSSC59 "You Crack Me Up"

Hi all and happy Sunday,

I decided to use this weeks SSSC to get started on my Easter cards.  Looking through my DSP stash, I realized that I hadn't used the new Shades of Spring pack from the Spring Occasions Mini.  A good time to take care of that!  I combined it with last year's "A Good Egg" set.  With the embellishments, this turned into a mostly SU card.

Enjoy!




Recipe:  Certainly celery, orchid opulence, and whisper white card stock. Shades of spring DSP.  A Good Egg stamp set.  The certainly celery card is embossed with a SU texturz plate.  Embellishments include SU Scallop border punch, filigree and ice brads.  SU orchid opulence and bashful blue inks.  The chick is stamped with memento tuxedo black and colored with copics.  Her shell is paper pieced with the DSP then cut out with square and scallop square nesties and finally popped up with a double layer of dimensionals.  The scallop borders are punched with a 1/8" hole punch for more interest.  The greeting is also popped up with dimensionals.

Time to watch the red carpet show, then the Oscars.  Enjoy your evening.

Colleen

2 comments:

  1. I adore your filigree brad & bling, and all those gorgeous scallops!

    Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling!! I love your little Easter chick - too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!